Be a volunteer. Be a friend.
HFC volunteers are passionate, engaging people who see the innumerable strengths and abilities of our members. In every role, volunteers encourage HFC members to move past the fear of impossibility and into the realm of possibility.
See steps below to become a HFC volunteer today!
1. Program Volunteers
Program volunteers have the most direct contact with HFC members by providing one-to-one support for HFC members at daily programs. Program volunteers work under the guidance of HFC staff to ensure a quality experience for our members in a safe environment. We encourage our program volunteers to make a long term commitment to the organization and to share their hobbies, skills, and interests with HFC.
A few specific areas of need:
- Teen Program Volunteer (assist in classes specifically for teenagers and young adults who are school-age)
- Supply Delivery Driver (drop class supplies off at the homes of members who are unable to pick supplies up)
- Fitness Class Assistant
- Arts Class Assistant
- Bowling Lane Assistant
- Game Night Companion
2. Event Volunteers
Event volunteers provide immense value to our community relations and fundraising efforts. Your investment of a few hours (or a few days) of time and talents will help ensure the long-term viability of HFC programming.
3. Office Volunteers
Office volunteers bring specific skill sets that enhance the behind-the-scenes operations and external communications within the HFC office. Examples include IT support, accounting, and fundraising expertise.
Become a Volunteer
1. Fill out the online Volunteer Interest Form: The information in this form is kept confidential. It gives HFC your contact information to move forward in the process of becoming a volunteer.
Please click below to access the Volunteer Interest form:
2. Next, you will be invited to complete our HFC Volunteer Orientation: After you have submitted the Volunteer Interest Form, a staff member from the HFC office will reach out to you via email to arrange a time to complete the volunteer orientation!
3. The final step is to complete an HFC Volunteer Application and Consent to Background Check: This is a standard consent to a background check as completed by the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension. HFC requires a background check of all staff and volunteers that work directly with HFC members.
Click below for HFC Volunteer Application and Consent form