Highland Friendship Club currently serves over 200 people with disabilities, and along with those members comes over 200 families and caregivers! Parents and caregivers play an essential role in Highland Friendship Club as they not only provide support to its members but also get involved in all aspects of HFC from programs to event planning and more!
Informational workshops and focus groups are offered regularly to the HFC community of parents and caregivers. These informational meetings include representatives from a variety of local service agencies and advocacy groups.
Topics covered have included:
- Smartphones for All: Independent Living with iPhone and Android
- Supporting your Child’s Transition from Pediatric to Adult Healthcare
- “My Child is 21, Now What?”
- Social Security and Guardianship
- Navigating the Department of Human Services
- Housing Options
- Employment Opportunities